The YMCA National Centre is one of the largest outdoor activity facilities in the country. Our core mission has always been to help people build a future and we work with schools, youth and corporate groups from all over Europe in helping them achieve their learning and development objectives through outdoor activity.
Y:Adventure is running again during school holidays in 2014.
Please call the centre for more information regarding activities and dates available on 01539 539 000
2014 SCHOOL CHALLENGE RESULTS
Well done to everyone who entered this years School Challenge and Youth Challenge Competitions at YMCA Lakeside. As always there can be only one winner, but everyone has hopefully been a winner in their own right through the experience. Every team can be proud of their achievements, determination and effort.
If you would like to enter next years challenges then please get in contact and sign up for 2015 today.
Top 10 Teams of 2014
1 - West Craven High Tech College B - 3,632
2 - Joseph Swan Academy B - 3,616
3 – Heckmondwike Grammar School A - 3,526
4 – Accrington Academy B - 3,378
5 – Stainburn School A - 3,326
6 – Joseph Swan Academy A - 3,316
7 – Heckmondwike Grammar School B1 - 3,300
8 – Shelley College - 3,258
9 – West Craven High Tech College A - 3,228
10 – Montgomery High School A - 3,196
2014 YOUTH CHALLENGE RESULTS
Top 10 Teams of 2014
1. Bradford Youth Service A – 3,277
2. North Yorkshire CC Youth Support Services A – 3,220
3. Bradford Youth Service B – 3,215
4. Catch-22 Halton B – 3,112
5. Lancashire Young People's Service – Kirkham – 3,105
6. Hartlepool Integrated Youth Support Services – 3,096
7. Lancashire Young People's Services - Burnley (Brunshaw) – 3,040
8. Lancashire Young People's Service – Preston – 2,926
9. North Yorkshire CC Youth Support Services B – 2,899
10. Catch-22 Halton A – 2,822
Course Aims were;
1. Develop life skills including effective team skills, leadership, communication, planning and decision-making
2. Gain a greater level of confidence in new situations
3. Create success through personal and team challenges and develop friendships
4. Develops new skills in a range of outdoor activities
5. Have fun and experience real adventure in the outdoors
We hope everyone enjoyed themselves and have taken something from the event; we hope to see you again next year.
OUTDOOR INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME 2014/15
Please click on the 'skills' tab at the top of this page to find out more about the programme.
YMCA National Centre Lakeside, Newby Bridge, Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 8BD
T: 015395 39000 F : 015395 30015 E: email@example.com
find out more