Coronavirus (Covid -19) Information
YMCA Lakeside is currently open.
We are still open for business as usual and our team are working hard to provide quality learning outside the classroom activities.
The health and safety of our Outdoor Education Centre, visitors and staff team is absolutely paramount to us. We are closely monitoring official guidelines from Public Health England, The World Health Organisation, local authorities and the government regarding coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are continuing to do our very best to ensure our facilities are a safe place for you to visit.
- We are rigorously cleaning our facilities throughout the day to ensure they are as clean as possible
- We are ensuring even more hand sanitizer is available throughout YMCA Lakeside with even more signage to encourage cleanliness
- We encourage visitors to wash their hands with hot water and soap for 20 seconds and dry hands fully when arriving and when moving outside and returning indoors.
- We have procedures in place should any visitors need a separate place for isolation.
- Should a visiting leader or staff member fall unwell we have adequate staff on hand who will be able to assist with staffing ratios.
- Should a child fall unwell or present with possible systems we have plenty of accommodation to provide a place for isolation & staff available to support the child until collection is organised.
- Should our Stolller Campus dining room need to be deep cleaned, we have another full- sized dining room which we can operate until the Stoller dining room is sanitised.
- We have extensive outside space which means groups have adequate space to enjoy the outdoors with sufficient space between them.
As this pandemic develops, we will continue to monitor and adapt to the situation daily.
Emergency protocols are in place and we are working with our partners across Cumbria & Lancashire to keep updated and to ensure that the customers we serve remain informed as the situation develops.
In the midst of uncertain times, we encourage visitors and society as a whole to remain active and continue to enjoy the great outdoors. This is vital for physical health and mental wellbeing. It is proven to boost your immune system, help lower stress and offers a form of escapism.
If you experience any of the coronavirus symptoms below we urge you to stay at home.
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
We understand that these are uncertain times and that for some groups it may be preferable to move your booking to a future date. Should this be the best possible solution for you and your group then we will reschedule your booking. In this instance, your booking deposit will move forward to the future date. This may potentially change and we will review & adapt daily.
Together we can get through this.
Available from February Half Term 2019 and every weekend until the 3rd November.
Price per activity £15
Join us for a fun filled adventurous outdoor activity session. Choose from canoeing, kayaking, abseil tower, kingswing or the runway aerial zipwire.
The price is per person and all sessions are led by qualified instructors. Suitable for children aged 8 years and over.
Subject to availability.
To book either follow the link below or call us on 01539 539000